Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 4 March: Admission Day – Vermont, National Grammar Day, Old Inauguration Day, Pennsylvania Deeded to William Penn, and Casimir Pulaski’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 5 March: Crispus Attucks Day, Boston Massacre – Anniversary, and St. Piran’s Day.
- 6 March: Celebrate Your Name Week, Dred Scott Decision – Anniversary, Fall of the Alamo – Anniversary, and Michelangelo’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 7 March: Luther Burbank’s Birthday – Anniversary, Distinguished Service Medal Created – Anniversary, Remagen Bridge Capture – Anniversary, and Selma Civil Rights March.
- 8 March: International Women’s Day, National Proofreading Day, and Organize Your Home Office Day.
- 9 March: Barbie Doll Debuts – Anniversary
- 10 March: International Bagpipe Day, Telephone Invented – Anniversary, and US Paper Money First Issued – Anniversary.
- 11 March: Johnny Appleseed Day, Lawrence Welk Birthday – Anniversary, and Spanish Flu epidemic begins – Anniversary.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2016 copyright, Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.