Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 27 January: Apollo 1 Spacecraft Fire – Anniversary, Auschwitz Liberated – Anniversary, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Geographic Society Founded – Anniversary, Thomas Crapper Day, and International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust.
- 28 January: Challenger Space Shuttle Explosion – Anniversary, Chinese New Year, Data Privacy Day, and Jackson Pollack’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 29 January: Catholic Schools Week begins, Curmudgeons Day – W.C. Fields’ Birthday, Freethinker’s Day – Thomas Paine’s Birthday, Admission Day – Kansas, and World Leprosy Day.
- 30 January: Beatles’ Last Concert – Anniversary, Bloody Sunday – 45th Anniversary, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Gandhi Assassinated – Anniversary, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Birthday – Anniversary
- 31 January: First Social Security Check Issued – Anniversary, Zane Grey’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Jackie Robinson’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 1 February: Data Backup Day, Clark Gable Birthday – Anniversary, First car insurance issued – Anniversary, GI Joe Introduced – Anniversary, Greensboro Sit In – Anniversary, Late Night with David Letterman premieres – Anniversary, National Black History Month begins, National Freedom Day – Anniversary, and Space Shuttle Columbia Disaster – Anniversary.
- 2 February: Baseball Hall of Fame Charter Members Inducted – Anniversary, Candlemas, Groundhog Day, New Amsterdam (NYC) incorporated – Anniversary, and Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo – Anniversary.
- 3 February: Elizabeth Blackwell’s Birthday – Anniversary, Fifteenth Amendment Day, Income Tax – Anniversary, National Wear Red Day, National Working Naked Day, and The Day The Music Died – Anniversary.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.