Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 22 July: John Dillinger’s Death – Anniversary, Pied Piper of Hamelin Anniversary, Rat Catchers Day, and Spooner’s Day.
- 23 July: First US Swimming School Opens – Anniversary, Gorgeous Grandma Day, and National Day of the Cowboy.
- 24 July: Aunties’ Day, Cousins Day, Detroit Founded – Anniversary, Amelia Earhart’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Drive-Thru Day, Parents Day (US), and Pioneer Day (Utah).
- 25 July: Andrea Doria sinks – 60th Anniversary and First Test Tube Baby Born – Anniversary.
- 26 July: Americans With Disabilities Act – Anniversary and US Army First Desegregation – Anniversary.
- 27 July: Insulin First Isolated – Anniversary and Korean Conflict Armistice – Anniversary.
- 28 July: Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Birthday – Anniversary, Singing Telegram – Anniversary, Veterans Bonus Army Eviction – Anniversary, and World War I Begins – Anniversary.
- 29 July: USS Indianapolis Sunk – Anniversary, NASA established – Anniversary, and Peter Jennings’ Birthday – Anniversary.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2016 copyright, Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.