Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 21 April: Kindergarten Day and Lincoln Funeral Train – Anniversary.
- 22 April: Earth Day – Anniversary, National Dance Day, National Jelly Bean Day, and Oklahoma Land Rush – Anniversary.
- 23 April: Administrative Professionals Week begins, First Movie Theater Opens – Anniversary, First Public School in America – Anniversary, William Shakespeare’s Birthday – Anniversary, Feast of Saint George, National English Muffin Day, National Volunteer Week begins, Preservation Week Begins, and World Book and Copyright Day.
- 24 April: Armenian Genocide Begins – Anniversary, Easter Rising (Ireland) – Anniversary, Library of Congress Founded – Anniversary, and Yom Hoshoah (Holocaust Day).
- 25 April: Anzac Day, Battle of Gallipoli – Anniversary, Ella Fitzgerald’s Birthday – 100th Anniversary, First license plates issued – Anniversary, and National DNA Day.
- 26 April: Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster – Anniversary, Guernica Massacre – Anniversary, National Pretzel Day, and Richter Scale Day.
- 27 April: Ulysses S. Grant’s Birthday – Anniversary, Coretta Scott King’s Birthday – Anniversary, Samuel Morse’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Sultana Steamship Explosion – Anniversary.
- 28 April: Biological Clock Gene Discovered – Anniversary, James Monroe’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mutiny on the Bounty – Anniversary, Oskar Schindler’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Arbor Day, and National Hairball Awareness Day.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.