Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 17 February: National PTA Founders’ Day
- 18 February: Battery Day, Cow Milked While In Airplane – Anniversary, and Pluto Day.
- 19 February: Chocolate Mint Day, Japanese Internment – 75th Anniversary, Knights of Pythias Founded – Anniversary, and National Engineers Week starts.
- 20 February: Ansel Adams Birthday – Anniversary and President’s Day.
- 21 February: Erma Bombeck’s Birthday – Anniversary, International Mother Language Day, Malcom X Assassinated – Anniversary, The New Yorker Published – Anniversary, Nixon’s Trip to China – 45th Anniversary, and Washington Monument Dedicated – Anniversary.
- 22 February: Florida Acquired by US – Anniversary, National Margarita Day, Miracle on Ice Hockey Game – Anniversary, George Washington’s Birthday – Anniversary, and First Woolworth Store Opens – Anniversary.
- 23 February: Curling Is Cool Day, Diesel Engine Patented – Anniversary, Iwo Jima Day – Anniversary, and World Spay Day.
- 24 February: Gregorian Calendar Day – Anniversary, Hadassah Founded – Anniversary, and Steve Jobs’ Birthday – Anniversary.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.