Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 15 April: Boston Marathon Bombing – Anniversary, First McDonald’s Opens – Anniversary, Income Tax Day (US), and Sinking of the Titanic – Anniversary.
- 16 April:Charlie Chaplin’s Birthday – Anniversary, Record Store Day, Texas City Disaster – Anniversary.
- 17 April: Bay of Pigs Invasion – 55th Anniversary, Ellis Island Family History Day, and International Haiku Poetry Day.
- 18 April: Boston Marathon – 120th Running, Husband Appreciation Day, Patriot’s Day (MA ME US), Paul Revere’s Ride – Anniversary, San Francisco 1906 Earthquake – Anniversary, and Third World Day – Anniversary.
- 19 April: Battle of Lexington and Concord – Anniversary, National Hanging Out Day, Oklahoma City Bombing – Anniversary, and Warsaw Ghetto Uprising – Anniversary.
- 20 April: Columbine High School Killings – Anniversary and Adolf Hitler’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 21 April: Kindergarten Day, Lincoln Funeral Train – Anniversary, and National High Five Day.
- 22 April: Earth Day – Anniversary, National Jelly Bean Day, Oklahoma Land Rush – Anniversary, Passover (begins at sundown) and Pink Moon – Full Moon.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2016 copyright, Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.