Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 10 March: International Bagpipe Day, Middle Name Pride Day, Telephone Invented – Anniversary, and US Paper Money First Issued – Anniversary.
- 11 March: Johnny Appleseed Day, Genealogy Day, Lawrence Welk Birthday – Anniversary, and Spanish Flu epidemic begins – Anniversary.
- 12 March: Austrian Invasion by Nazi Germany – Anniversary, Charles Cunningham Boycott’s Birthday – Anniversary, Check Your Batteries Day, Daylight Saving Time begins, FDR’s First Fireside Chat – Anniversary, Girls Scouts Day, Great Blizzard of ’88 – Anniversary, Jack Kerouc’s Birthday – Anniversary, Purim, and Worm Moon – Full Moon.
- 13 March: Commonwealth Day (UK), Deaf History Month begins, Earmuff Day, Fill Our Staplers Day, Holi – India, Ken Doll Introduced – Anniversary, and Kitty Geneovese Murder – Anniversary.
- 14 March: Albert Einstein’s Birthday – Anniversary, Organize Your Home Office Day, Pi Day, and 10 Most Wanted List Debuts -Anniversary.
- 15 March: Admission Day: Maine, Ides of March, and Andrew Jackson’s Birthday – 250th Anniversary.
- 16 March: Black Press Day, Freedom of Information Day, “The Gumby Show” television debut – Anniversary, and US Military Academy founded – Anniversary.
- 17 March: Nat King Cole’s Birthday – Anniversary, Evacuation Day, Female Relief Society of Nauvoo founded – 175th Anniversary, and St. Patrick’s Day.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.