Today is Wednesday, December 1, 2010 and here is what’s available in terms of Daily Blogging Prompts, blog carnivals and other related events in the genealogy blogosphere:
Items of Note
- Happy Blogiversary to Abt Unk (started December 1, 2009)!
- Don’t forget that today is Data Backup Day! Besides backing up your own genealogy data, it might be a good idea to make a suggestion to Santa on what equipment or online subscription you want for your data backup needs!
- Today is the deadline for submissions for the 100th Carnival of Genealogy! Please help Jasia get the magic 100 posts for this very special event.
- Today is World AIDS Day. Many families have lost loved ones to this pandemic and several genealogy bloggers will post about the disease and it’s impact on their family history.
- Also, the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories starts today. Start writing down all those family holiday traditions and posting them to your blog. Include the words “Advent Calendar” in your post title so it will appear in the roll-up! Today’s Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories blog prompt is: The Christmas Tree.
Daily Blogging Prompts
Wedding Wednesday – a great way to display those old wedding photos or scan wedding invitations and announcements! Suggested by Carol of Reflections from the Fence and in use by several genealogy bloggers.
Wednesday’s Child – Post photos of gravestones of children. A sad topic indeed but posts can give life to the stories of these young souls. This has been an ongoing series by Amy at Gravestoned.
Wisdom Wednesday – an alternative to Wordless Wednesday for those who just can’t post without words! Create a post in which you share words of wisdom about any number of things including weddings, marriage, children, work, and so on. A post could include such things as favorite sayings of grannies, superstitions, that sort of thing. Words of wisdom should have their origins in the past and have been passed on from generation to generation. Wisdom Wednesday is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers suggested by Jennifer Geraghty-Gorman of On a Flesh and Bone Foundation: An Irish History.
Wordless Wednesday – a great way to share your old family photos! Create a post with the main focus being a photograph or image. Some posters also include attribute information as to the source of the image (date, location, owner, etc.). Wordless Wednesday is one of the longest running “memes” in the blogosphere and is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers.
To ensure that your blog post is included in the “roll-up” widgets above, include the name of the blogging theme in your post title. Examples: Black Sheep Sunday – Juan Nightstand; Tombstone Tuesday – Bessie Mae Mucho.
* * *
If you would like your event or Daily Blogging Prompt included, please contact Geneabloggers at geneabloggers [at] gmail [dot] com.
©2010 copyright Thomas MacEntee