Today is Thursday, September 30, 2010 and here is what’s available in terms of Daily Blogging Prompts, blog carnivals and other related events in the genealogy blogosphere:
Items of Note
- Please keep Janice Tracy of Mississippi Memories and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Recently, her son Fredrick passed away unexpectedly.
- Happy Blogiversary to Walking the Berkshires (started September 30, 2005) and happy blogiversary to The Internet Genealogist (started September 30, 2008).
- This week’s Open Thread Thursday discusses self-publishing and asks if you are working on publishing any aspect of your blog or family history for the upcoming holiday gift-giving season. Look for Open Thread Thursday later today!
- Today is the deadline for submitting your presentation proposals for the upcoming RootsTech conference sponsored by Family Search. It will be held in Salt Lake City, October 10-12, 2011.
- Today is also the last day to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount for the upcoming Atlanta Family History Expo being held in Atlanta on November 12 & 13, 2010.
Daily Blogging Prompts
Thrifty Thursday – do you have some neat ways of saving money when it comes to genealogy? Have you located a bargain on some research resource or office supply? Post about it during Thrifty Thursday! This series has been suggested by Judy Webster of Queensland Genealogy.
Thriller Thursday – Are there murders, bizarre accidents or other thrilling stories among your family history? Tell us about them through words and pictures during Thriller Thursday. This is an ongoing series by Anne Kruszka at Gene Notes.
Those Places Thursday – do you often think back to places where you lived and worked at one time? What about those places where your ancestors spent time? Post about “those places” with photos and stories on Those Places Thursday. This has been an ongoing series by Cheryl Palmer of Heritage Happens.
Treasure Chest Thursday – create a post with the main focus being a family treasure, an heirloom or even an every-day item important to your family. A special thanks to Leslie Ann Ballou of Lost Family Treasures for suggesting Treasure Chest Thursday as a daily blogging theme!
To ensure that your blog post is included in the “roll-up” widgets above, include the name of the blogging theme in your post title. Examples: Black Sheep Sunday – Anita Bath; Tombstone Tuesday – Aleta Buffet.
* * *
If you would like your event or Daily Blogging Prompt included, please contact Geneabloggers at geneabloggers [at] gmail [dot] com. ©2010 copyright Thomas MacEntee