Today is Saturday, January 1, 2011 and here is what’s available in terms of Daily Blogging Prompts, blog carnivals and other related events in the genealogy blogosphere:
Items of Note
- Happy blogiversary to Random Relatives (started January 1, 2009)!
- Start your new year off right with data backup resolutions during Data Backup Day!
- Don’t forget! The list of newly-discovered genealogy blogs comes out later today here at GeneaBloggers.
- If you loved the 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy series offered here at GeneaBloggers in 2010, then you’ll love the new series for 2011. Check back here for more information later today!
- And finally, Happy New Year to everyone!
Daily Blogging Prompts
Sorting Saturday – Any tips on how to go about sorting through a closet or box of stuff, what to do with what you find, organizing, supplies and tools you might need, etc. What about having to clean out a parent’s home once they’ve passed? This is an ongoing series by Michelle Goodrum at Turning of Generations.
Sports Center Saturday – do you have photos and stories about ancestors and their love of sports? Be it basketball or water polo or skeet shooting, tell their stories in your blog posts! Sports Center Saturday is a series suggested by Susan Petersen of Long Lost Relatives.
Surname Saturday – create a post in which you discuss a surname and mention its origins, its geographical location(s) and how it fits into your genealogy research. Surname Saturday is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers.
To ensure that your blog post is included in the “roll-up” widgets above, include the name of the blogging theme in your post title. Examples: Black Sheep Sunday – Carmen Dioxide; Tombstone Tuesday – Carrie Oakey.
* * *
If you would like your event or Daily Blogging Prompt included, please contact Geneabloggers at geneabloggers [at] gmail [dot] com.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee