Today is Saturday, 7 December 2013 and here is what’s available in terms of Daily Blogging Prompts and other related events in the genealogy blogosphere:
Items of Note
- Happy blogiversary to The Edward Coffey Project (started 7 December 2004).
- Today: Chester Greenwood Day and Pearl Harbor Day.
- Prompt #15 of the The Book of Me, Written By You project created by Julie Goucher of the Anglers Rest blog starts today: Snow. The concept: a series of blogging and writing prompts that help family historians capture their own memories and write about themselves. Click here for more information.
- Don’t forget! The list of newly-discovered genealogy blogs comes out later today here at GeneaBloggers.
Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories
- The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories continues! Today’s blog prompt is: Christmas Television and Movies: Whether it is the movie It’s A Wonderful Life or A Charlie Brown Christmas on the telly, what is your favorite television program or movie? What are your memories of first seeing it as a child and did your family have certain traditions related to the show or movie? Are there different versions (such as The Christmas Carol) and have you found modern favorites? Tell us about your favorite Christmas television program or movie and your memories of Christmases past./li>
Daily Blogging Prompts
Many genealogy and family history bloggers like to post to their blogs every day, but at times are at a loss for ideas. Take your inspiration from today’s Daily Blogging Prompts below – click on each prompt for a description. Prompts are a great way to create new content and you can participate in a community effort with other genealogy bloggers.
- Shopping Saturday
- Sibling Saturday
- Society Saturday
- Sorting Saturday
- Sports Center Saturday
- Surname Saturday
- Sympathy Saturday
© 2013 copyright, Thomas MacEntee