Today is Friday, July 1, 2011 and here is what’s available in terms of Daily Blogging Prompts, blog carnivals and other related events in the genealogy blogosphere:
Items of Note
- Happy blogiversary to Ancestors of Mine from Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky & Beyond and Susi’s Chatty Performances (both started July 1, 2009).
- Today is Canada Day (CAN), 2nd Half of the Year Day.
- Today is Data Backup Day – do you know where your genealogy data is?
- And don’t forget that another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening beginning at 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central, 8pm Mountain, 7pm Pacific, 3am London, 12pm Saturday Sydney (AUS). This week’s topic: ________________.
- Look for the Genealogy Blogging Events for the Week of July 1 – July 8, 2011 later this morning.
Daily Blogging Prompts
Family Recipe Friday – is an opportunity to share your family recipes with fellow bloggers and foodies alike. Whether it’s an old-fashioned recipe passed down through generations, a recipe uncovered through your family history research, or a discovered recipe that embraces your ancestral heritage share them on Family Recipe Friday. This series was suggested by Lynn Palermo of The Armchair Genealogist.
Follow Friday – create a post in which you recommend another genealogy blogger, a specific blog post, a genealogy website or a genealogy resource. Tell us why they are important to the genealogy community and why we should follow. Follow Friday is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers and was suggested by Earline Bradt of Ancestral Notes.
Friend of Friends Friday – if you have encountered records of enslaved ancestors, whether they are your own ancestors or not, make it a point to transcribe those records and get them posted on the Internet via your blog. Friend of Friends Friday is an important service to the genealogy community – both Leslie Ann of Ancestors Live Here and Greta of Greta’s Genealogy Bog have been posting to this series for some time now and their inspiration is much appreciated.
Funeral Card Friday – do you have a collection of memorial cards for your ancestors or family members, the kind that funeral homes produce and give out to mourners? Post images of these cards and stories about the person memorialized during Funeral Card Friday. Funeral Card Friday has been an ongoing series by Dee at Funeral Cards & Genealogy.
To ensure that your blog post is included in the “roll-up” widgets above, include the name of the blogging theme in your post title. Examples: Black Sheep Sunday – Paige Turner; Tombstone Tuesday – Pearl E. Gates.
* * *
If you would like your event or Daily Blogging Prompt included, please contact Geneabloggers at geneabloggers [at] gmail [dot] com.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee