UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- Save 77% on Conquer Courthouse Research Collection at Shop Family Tree – Courthouse “Conquer courthouse research with the genealogy research methods and techniques for finding your ancestors in a variety of county and state records, from tax and property records to court records. In this digital collection, you’ll learn how to overcome Courthouse research obstacles and challenges, develop a plan of attack, and get insights into your ancestors’ lives, whether they were upstanding citizens or caught red-handed.” Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree.
- FREE Webinar – Mining the Über-sites for German Ancestors presented by James M. Beidler – Wednesday, May 18th, 1:00 pm Central – “While there’s a galaxy of Internet sites that can help you with your German genealogy, some stars shine brighter than others – and it’s not just Ancestry and FamilySearch, although those two 500-pound canaries both have huge assets for those seeking Deutsch ancestors.” Click here to register now – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- FREE Webinar Recording – Messages from the Grave: Listening to Your Ancestor’s Tombstone by Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL – “In order to find an ancestor’s tombstone, the burial ground must first be found. Tips are given on how to find the different cemeteries depending on the time period, type (church or commercial), and economic condition of the deceased. Tombstones are the last monuments to our lives on this earth. In their shape and inscribed symbols, they can speak of the lifestyle of the deceased or the attitude of death of the loved ones left behind. They are being destroyed by many factors, which make them illegible or eradicate them altogether. Abandoned and “lost” cemeteries can be found through records and natural signs. Discussion includes ways to read “illegible” stones, which may be the last time a person may hear the tombstone “speak.” This webinar illustrates these techniques and shows what problems are encountered in reading a variety of markers and what might be done to overcome them. Internet sources and resources are also discussed throughout the lecture.” Click here to view for FREE now through May 17, 2016 – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT on Evidentia Software – for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains –get 15% off the list price – you pay $25.49 instead of $29.99 – “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Click here to save! Via Evidentia.
- 20% OFF Essential Photo Organizing Course by Maureen Taylor, The Photo Detective! There are seven lessons and one bonus segment, totaling more than four hours of instruction: Getting Started, The Lives of Your Photos, Scanning Do’s and Don’ts, Keeping Track, Store It Right!, Labeling and Budget-Minded Organization, Photo Albums – Everything You Need to Know, and Bonus: Digital Organization. Click here to save – via Maureen Taylor
- Save 20% on Military Records Retrieval from NARA! Did you know that through a special offer with Twisted Twigs, you can receive military pension files and other records much cheaper than the standard NARA rate and much faster? Read more about the sale and the ordering process here. Via GeneaBloggers
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.