Listen to Geneabloggers
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, November 4, 2011 starting at 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, and 6pm PDT with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s show is entitled Copyright and Genealogy – Yours, Mine and Ours!
Copyright and Genealogy – Yours, Mine and Ours
Our special guests will include: Dick Eastman, author and founder of Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter who will discuss the current problem of copyright violations when it comes to blog posts and content. Jonathan Bailey of the Plagiarism Today site will be with us to discuss resources available for learning more about copyright law and dealing with content theft. And attorney, genealogist and blogger James Tanner of the Genealogy’s Star blog will help us understand some of the intricacies of US copyright law and how it applies to your genealogy research.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Copyright and Genealogy – Yours, Mine and Ours.“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, November 28, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee