Listen to Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, March 9, 2012 starting at 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain and 6pm Pacific with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s episode is entitled GeneabloggersGrandma, Is That You? Locating Your Female Ancestors.
Grandma, Is That You? Locating Your Female Ancestors
This week our show is entitled Grandma, Is That You? Locating Your Female Ancestors with co-host Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist. Our special guests will include: internationally recognized photo identification and family history expert Maureen Taylor, who will discuss her new book Fashionable Folks: Bonnets and Hats, 1840-1900 as well as how to date photos of female ancestors based on the fashions they wore; and Beverly Rice, a professional genealogist specializing in locating female ancestors, will provide tips and strategies on finding those elusive women in your family tree; and genealogist, blogger and author Gena Philibert Ortega of Food.Family.Ephemera. and who will talk with us about her forthcoming book The Family Table.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Grandma, Is That You? Locating Your Female Ancestors“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, March 9, 2012, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee