Listen to Geneabloggers
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, March 18, 2011 starting at 10pm EDT, 9pm CDT, 8pm MDT, and 7pm PDT!
A Celebration of Irish Roots
This week we’ll be holding our own St. Patrick’s Day celebration as we discuss Irish roots and family history. Our show will be coming to you live from Chicago, Illinois where we take St. Patrick’s Day and the “wearin’ of the green” seriously! We dye the Chicago River green, everyone is Irish for at least a day and the parties go all week long.
With Who Do You Think You Are? rebroadcasting the Rosie O’Donnell episode where she traces her roots back to Ireland, we’ll be covering all aspects of Irish genealogy with a panel of experts!
Special Guest – Brian Mitchell Live from Dublin!
Our very special guest this week is Brian Mitchell of the Genealogy Centre in Derry, Ireland who will join us live from Dublin to help us discuss Irish genealogy and tracing your Irish roots.
Brian Mitchell is author of a number of Irish genealogy reference books such as A New Genealogical Atlas of Ireland, A Guide to Irish Parish Registers and Pocket Guide to Irish Genealogy. In addition, Brian’s latest publication is Genealogy at a Glance: Irish Genealogy Research which is also available as an iPhone App.
Panel of Irish Family History Experts and Bloggers
In addition we will be talking to scheduled guests Sharon Sergeant, Mary Ellen Grogan, Jennifer Geraghty-Gorman, Deborah Large Fox and blogger Smallest Leaf.
Finally, we’ll be covering the latest news in the genealogy industry and highlighting upcoming events, conferences, speakers and even webinars!
And, as usual, you never know what other aspects of genealogy and family history we’ll discuss at GeneaBloggers Radio so tune in!
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Irish Roots – A St. Patrick’s Day Celebration!“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 9:00 pm CST on Friday, March 11, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to dial in and share your thoughts and comments, the dial-in number is (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: I use affiliate links and advertising for Genealogical Publishing Company on this blog and other blogs and websites I own. I receive complimentary copies of books and other items for review. I keep the items for personal use or I will often donate them to genealogical societies as door prizes. To review the other material connections I have with genealogy vendors, please see Disclosure Statements.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee