Listen to Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, March 30, 2012 starting at 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain and 6pm Pacific with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s episode is entitled GeneabloggersReady, Set, 1940 US Census!
Ready, Set, 1940 US Census!
This week our show is entitled Ready, Set, 1940 US Census! Our special guests will include: Steve Morse, architect of the Intel 8086 process which helped spark the PC revolution over 30 years ago, who has developed a set of online tools at his One Step Website to help you locate your family in the 1940 US Census. Joining him will be Joel Weintraub, retired biology professor at California State University, Fullerton who has been preparing for the release of the 1940 US Census since 2005. Also, Jim Ericson, of FamilySearch which is one of the sponsors of the 1940 U.S. Census Community Project. Jim will discuss how you can get involved with indexing the 1940 US Census images when they are released on April 2, 2012. As well as Amy Johnson Crow of Archives.com, another partner in the 1940 US Census Community Project who offer a behind the scenes look at the technology used to make the 1940 US Census images available to the public.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Ready, Set, 1940 US Census!“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, March 30, 2012, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee