Listen to Geneabloggers
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, July 15, 2011 starting at 10pm EDT, 9pm CDT, 8pm MDT, and 7pm PDT with special host DearMYRTLE. This week’s show is entitled Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy.
Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy
Our special guests will include: Drusilla Pair “Professor Dru” of the Find Your Folks blog discussing a youth historical research project she just completed in Newport News, Virginia; Nicka Smith of the Atlas Family blog who has been teaching high school students in Alameda County, California, how to trace their family histories; Jari Honora of Bayou Roots, a college student who will share with us his experience as a young genealogist/family historian who began researching when he was about 10 years of age; and Elyse Doerflinger of Elyse’s Genealogy Blog, who will also share her experience as a young genealogist/family historian.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy.”
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 9:00 pm CST on Friday, July 15, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee