Listen to Join us for another episode of GeneabloggersGeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, January 6, 2012 starting at 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, and 6pm PDT with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s show is entitled Information Overload: Finding the Genealogy Data You Need.
Information Overload: Finding the Genealogy Data You Need
This week our show is entitled Information Overload: Finding the Genealogy Data You Need. Co-host Sharon Sergeant, noted genealogist who specializes in investigative genealogy and research planning, will help frame our discussion and offer ideas on wading through all the available genealogy research resources. Our special guests will include: Dan Lynch, author of Google Your Family Tree who’ll have some tips and tricks and making Google searches work for you and your genealogy research! Also joining us will be Drew Smith of The Genealogy Guys Podcast who as a librarian will offer tips on how to navigate the resources at archives and repositories using finding aids and more!
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Information Overload: Finding the Genealogy Data You Need“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, January 13, 2012, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee