Listen to Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, February 24, 2012 starting at 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central, 7pm Mountain and 6pm Pacific with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s episode is entitled GeneabloggersAfrican-American Genealogy Resources.
African-American Genealogy Resources
This week our show is entitled African-American Genealogy Resources with this week’s co-host Robin Foster of Saving Stories. Our special guests will include: Tim Pinnick, Family Tree University instructor and a recognized specialist in Black newspaper research who’ll discuss where to find newspapers and how to use them for your research; Shelley Murphy of the Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, Chapter of Central Virginia, whose current project is a book about the “free colored” families who homesteaded in Benzie and Manistee counties in Michigan; and Drusilla Pair, of the Find Your Folks blog, will update us on her recent “Sunday Crowns” presentation and the role of hats and churches in African-American genealogy.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “African-American Genealogy Resources“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, February 24, 2012, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee