Listen to Geneabloggers
UPDATE: staff from RootsTech will join the show to discuss the recent book vendor issues at RootsTech! We’ll expand the show to two hours, ending at 10:00pm Central!
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, December 16, 2011 starting at 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, and 6pm PDT with host Thomas MacEntee. This week’s show is entitled Do Books Still Matter in Genealogy?
Do Books Still Matter In Genealogy?
This week our show is entitled Do Books Still Matter In Genealogy?. Our special guests will include: staff from RootsTech 2012, family history & technology conference will discuss the recent book vendor issues at RootsTech; Leland Meitzler of Family Roots Publishing Co. in Salt Lake City, Utah who was recently one of several book vendors initially banned from the RootsTech 2012 exhibit hall; Curt B. Witcher, MA, FUGA, FIGS, Genealogy Center Manager at the Allen County Public Library in Ft. Wayne, Indiana who’ll help us understand trends in the book and library industry, especially in terms of technology and genealogy; and Biff and Nancy Barnes of Stories to Tell, another “banned” vendor and one that specializes in helping folks publish their own family history books.
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Do Books Still Matter in Genealogy?“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 8:00 pm Central on Friday, December 16, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must login with Facebook or have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
Disclosure: Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy vendors and organizations.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee