Listen to Geneabloggers
Finding Your Female Ancestors
Our special guests will include Lisa Alzo, of The Accidental Genealogist, professional genealogist, author and genealogy educator who focuses on the many ways of finding your female ancestors; Marguerite Kearns who runs The Suffrage Wagon blog will discuss her female ancestors involved in the women’s right-to-vote movement here in the United States; and Jana Broglin, a certified genealogist who will tell us about prostitutes in the Wild West!
Thanks to author Lisa Alzo, we’ll be giving away two of Lisa’s recent products: Baba’s Kitchen and Silent Voices: Tips and Tricks for Tracing Female Ancestors webinar including the syllabus.
In addition, thanks to Family Tree Magazine and ShopFamilyTree.com, we’ll be giving away copies of a special digital download entitled Memories of Mom during the show. This download is an excerpt from a soon-to-be-published guided journal with fill-in pages for recording life stories and events. And don’t forget to use your special GeneaBloggers discount code for the ShopFamilyTree.com website GBLOG and you’ll receive a special 15% discount!
Finally, we’ll be covering the latest news in the genealogy industry and highlighting upcoming events, conferences, speakers and even webinars!
And, as usual, you never know what other aspects of genealogy and family history we’ll discuss at GeneaBloggers Radio so tune in!
How To Listen To GeneaBloggers Radio
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Finding Your Female Ancestors“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 9:00 pm CST on Friday, May 6, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to call in to the show and share your thoughts and comments with the host or guests, the dial-in number is +1 (213) 286-6709. You can also use your Skype account to call in – click here for instructions.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
SPECIAL: You can now find GeneaBloggers Radio archived episodes in the iTunes store! Click here to download episodes for free!
Don’t forget – GeneaBloggers Radio is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee