Listen to Geneabloggers
Join us for another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio on Friday, February 25, 2011 starting at 10pm EST, 9pm CST, 8pm MST and 7pm PST! This week we’ll be discussing the Kim Cattrall episode of Who Do You Think You Are? on NBC. You can call in and share your thoughts with the rest of the genealogy community or you can participate in our online chat! In addition to WDYTYA, we’ll be discussing the role of technology in the genealogy industry, the recent explosion of genealogy webinars and what it means for genealogy education, and much, much more. And this week we’ll have special door prizes to give away! Stay tuned!
Episode 4, Friday, February 25, 2011
- Who Do You Think You Are?: Join us as we present a two hour call-in discussion of the fourth episode of Who Do You Think You Are? Season 2 on NBC. This week’s episode features Kim Cattrall as she unlocks the 70-year-old mystery behind her grandfather’s abandonment of his young family. We’ll be discussing the episode, the show format, what the WDYTYA series means for genealogists and the genealogy industry.
- Webinars! Webinars! Webinars! Is it just me or does it seem like there is an explosion of quality and FREE genealogy education available online? We’ll be discussing this trend and some of the major players providing genealogy education via virtual presentations.
- Genealogy News: And finally, we’ll be highlighting some upcoming events and discussing what’s going on in the world of genealogy. Stay tuned!
- Door Prizes: Thomas finally starts divesting himself of his hard-earned RootsTech conference swag. Tune in and win!
So here is how it all works:
- Visit the GeneaBloggers page at Blog Talk Radio.
- Click on the Upcoming Episode entitled “Who Do You Think You Are? Season 2 Episode 4: Kim Cattrall“
- Then you can sign up for updates and reminders.
- At 9:00 pm CST on Friday, February 25, 2011, listen in at the Blog Talk Radio website. The player should start automatically – you will need to turn on your computer speakers or use your headphones.
- If you want to dial in and share your thoughts and comments, the dial-in number is (213) 286-6709.
- There will also be a chat room on that same page where you can type and interact with other listeners. [Note: you must have an account at Blog Talk Radio and sign in to access the chat room!] I often take cues and suggestions from the chat room so don’t be shy!
As one listener told me, “. . . this is about the most fun you can have with your genealogy on a Friday night!” So come join in the fun!
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee