Last week, I attended RootsTech 2017 with almost 30,000 other genealogy and family history enthusiasts. I confirmed that DNA is still the big focus in the industry and I was able to meet up with the folks from Living DNA attending all the way from the UK.
So in what looks like an already crowded field for DNA test kits, what makes Living DNA different? Here is what I found out: Living DNA gives you your estimated family ancestry breakdown today, and also puts your results in context, looking at your ancestry through history. If you have British ancestry then it’s the only test that shows where within Britain your ancestry comes from.
Read on about how you can save $60 on Living DNA – lowest price available!
So What Can You Expect from Living DNA?
Living DNA describes its test as “world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests.” Additional information from the Living DNA website:
- Twice the detail of other ancestry tests. We give you your DNA mix across 80 world regions, including 21 in Britain and Ireland. You can also explore peer reviewed details of the areas of the world your ancestors are from.
- 3-in-1 ancestry test. Our test not only covers your family line ancestry, but unlike other tests we also include your motherline, and your fatherline ancestry if you are male.
- View your ancestry through history. We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected.
- Your ancestry results updated for free. As science and our systems evolve, your results will be updated to provide on-going details about your ancestry.
Click here to learn more about how the Living DNA test works and the types of result reporting you can expect.
Special EXCLUSIVE Pricing for Fans and Friends of GeneaBloggers
We’ve negotiated the BEST PRICE for the Living DNA test – normally priced at $159 USD, now just $99 USD when you use promo code HDGEN217. This is a savings of $60 USD. You must use this link here to access this deal!
HURRY! DON’T DELAY! This price is so special that it is limited to only 500 tests! Once the tests are sold the offer ends!
What Are Others Saying about Living DNA?
Take a look at what other genealogists are saying about the results from their recent DNA test with Living DNA:
Debbie Kennett – Cruwys News
“The Living DNA test has given me the most accurate results of all the biogeographical ancestry tests I’ve taken so far. For the first time I have been given a sub-regional breakdown of my results which shows the regions within Britain where my ancestors possibly lived in the last few hundred years.” (Source: Living DNA website, https://www.livingdna.com/, accessed 15 February 2017)
- Living DNA – a new genetic ancestry test providing comparisons with the People of the British Isles dataset
- My Living DNA results Part 1: family ancestry maps
- My Living DNA results Part 2: mtDNA and Y-DNA reports
Randy Seaver – Genea-Musings:
- Received my LivingDNA Autosomal Test Results – Post 1
- Received my LivingDNA Autosomal Test Results – Post 2
- Comparing My Living DNA Results With Other Autosomal DNA Tests http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/01/comparing-my-living-dna-results-with.html
Emma Jolly – Genealogic:
- My DNA: Living DNA Results
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.