You thought there was no Data Backup Day what with the New Year’s Day celebrations, right? You thought you’d put off backing up all your genealogy research, digitized photos and documents, and more off for another month until we nagged you, right?
Well now we have Data Backup Weekend and a great incentive for you to not only set monthly backups as a 2010 resolution, but to post about your data: a chance to win one of four copies of Handy Backup by Novosoft LLC (value $39 US)!
Read the latest press release on Handy Backup and the Holiday Gift Sale which enables users to order a license with 20% discount and get a bonus license as a gift!
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Saturday, January 2, 2010 and 11:59 pm Central Standard Time (GST -6) Sunday, January 3, 2010, create a post at your genealogy blog about data and the importance of backing up your data.
- Your blog must be genealogy-focused and be listed on the blogroll at GeneaBloggers in order to be eligible (see Contest Rules below).
- Discuss any aspect of backing up your data: a story about your data loss experiences and what it meant to your research; how you currently backup your data; problems you’ve have backing up data.
- Once your blog post is published, place a comment on this post with a link back to your blog post.
- Three winners will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Monday, January 4, 2010. Winners will be contact via email or blog post comment. Once contact is confirmed, a valid registration code to enable a full-version of theHandy Backup download will be emailed to the winner.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Contest will run from Saturday, January 2, 2010 through 11:59 pm Sunday, January 3, 2010, Central Standard Time (GMT -6).
- PRIZE: A free copy of Handy Backup Standard 6.4, a complete, EXTENSIBLE backup solution from Novosoft LLC. Value = $39 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. Four winners will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Data Backup Day Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if it is not a blog post with the theme of backing up data and your blog does not appear on the GeneaBloggers Blog Roll.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on January 4, 2010, for the Data Backup Weekend Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: Prizewinners will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address of record on their genealogy blog or by leaving a comment on their blog’s most recent post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 3 business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, a valid registration code to enable a full-version of the Handy Backup download will be emailed to the winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Data Backup Weekend Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Data Backup Weekend Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Data Backup Weekend Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Data Backup Weekend Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee