You thought there was no Data Backup Day what with the Memorial Day weekend, right? You thought you’d put off backing up all your genealogy research, digitized photos and documents, and more off for another month until we nagged you, right?
Well we’ve decided to have a Data Backup Weekend instead of just a Data Backup Day and it is a great incentive for you to not only set monthly backups as a 2010 resolution, but to post about your data: a chance to win one of four copies of Handy Backup Standard by Novosoft LLC (value $39 US)!
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Friday, May 29, 2010 and 11:00 pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) Monday, May 31, 2010, leave a comment on this post about backing up your data.
- Your comment must focus on data backup and include a valid e-mail address (see Contest Rules below).
- Four winners will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Tuesday, June 1, 2010. Winners will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, a valid registration code to enable a full-version of the Handy Backup Standard download will be emailed to the winner.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Contest will run from Friday, May 29, 2010 through 11:00 pm Monday, May 31, 2010, Central Daylight Time (CDT).
- PRIZE: A free copy of Handy Backup Standard 6.5, a complete, EXTENSIBLE backup solution from Novosoft LLC. Value = $39 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. Four winners will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Data Backup Weekend Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if you do not a) comment upon data backup as a subject and/or b) leave a valid e-mail address in the comment.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on June 1, 2010, for the Data Backup Weekend Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: Prizewinners will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address left in the comments of this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 3 business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, a valid registration code to enable a full-version of the Handy Backup download will be emailed to the winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Data Backup Weekend Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Data Backup Weekend Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Data Backup Weekend Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Data Backup Weekend Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee