If you followed our previous post here at GeneaBloggers about the SOPA blackout, you might be wondering how you can participate and either go for a total blackout on your site or add a “Stop SOPA” ribbon. Here are some resources:
- The Daily Dot has a good list of resources for various platforms: http://www.dailydot.com/politics/how-to-protest-sopa-/
window.location = "http://sopa-blackout-template.blogspot.com/";
Here is how the code looks on my blog template . . . you must go to Design, click on Edit HTML and scroll down to just before the </head> tag (click to embiggen):
- BloggerMint SOPA Ribbon at http://www.bloggermint.com/2012/01/stop-sopa-ribbon-for-blogger/ has a ribbon that appears on your Blogger blog instead of a total blackout.
- WordPress.org (self-hosted) users can add this plugin.
- WordPress.com (free) don’t have as many options – consider Lorelle’s banners below.
- Lorelle On WordPress has some great banners and other information at http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/january-18-join-reddit-in-a-national-blackout-day-of-protest-against-sopa/
Please be sure you know the resources you are using and the sites to which you are linking during the blackout. This is an opportunity ripe for scammers – don’t fall prey to something that looks neat and might cause problems for your site or accounts tomorrow!
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee