We want to invite you to a sneak peek of our latest project in genealogy education. We’re only able to invite 12 people. We’re looking for those who are not only committed to learning and improving their genealogy skills, but you can also give honest feedback on the product and the process involved. Basically, if selected, you would be a member of a focus group for this new product.
In exchange for your participation in a “compressed” three-week version of a six-week program, you’ll be the first to be part of an exciting, collaborative group coaching environment focused on using genealogy research logs and citing sources.
What’s the Commitment?
The commitment is not burdensome, but there is some work involved. Basically you’ll need to do the following:
- Agree to a non-disclosure agreement and terms of services that protects the information shared during the three-week period. Once the program is completed, you can tell others about the program and your experience.
- Participate in three GoToMeeting sessions (similar to webinars) on Monday evenings (Central time) September 22, September 29 and October 6, 2014. These session will be recorded and you’ll have access to the recordings during the three-week period and in the future.
- Complete two “homework” assignments involving genealogy research, recording your research and citing sources. You can work on your own or with other members participating in this process.
- Join a Closed Group on Facebook where you’ll access files, share resources and collaborate with the other members of the group.
- Provide feedback at the end of the process including recommendations on a product price point and future topics.
Minimum Participant Requirements
If you’re truly interested in being part of this group, you’ll need to meet these minimum requirements:
- Understand how to attend a webinar. You should feel comfortable connecting to the GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting platform used by most genealogy education providers. While a headset/microphone and webcam are not required, they will make it easier to participate in the Online Sessions.
- Have a Facebook account. You’ll need a Facebook account to access the Facebook Closed Group – this is where assignment documents are uploaded and shared, questions are asked, and most coaching takes place.
- Be committed to collaboration. You’ll need to check in periodically on Facebook to review the latest conversations and be willing to provide your insights as well as ask questions.
What Do You Get?
Besides the sneak preview of this product, here is what you’ll accomplish:
- Learn how to use a research log that suits your research habits.
- Understand the basics of source citations and become efficient at creating citations on the fly.
- Maintain good research habits and adapt them when encountering new records sets.
- Receive constructive and helpful feedback.
- Have fun!
If you are interested and can make the commitment, please email us at email@example.com and provide your name and briefly state why you are interested. We’ll make our selection by Wednesday 17 September 2014.
©2014, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.