UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Monday, October 17, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- FREE SHIPPING on 23andMe Test Kits! You may have heard that 23andMe recently started selling an ancestry-only DNA test kit for $99. But there is a $9.95 shipping charge UNLESS you are an Amazon Prime member . . . that’s right, click here to access 23andMe on Amazon and save on shipping! Via Amazon
- FREE Webinar – Educational Preparation for Certification: Many Paths to the Same Goal presented by Angela Packer McGhie, CG – Tuesday, October 18th, 7:00 pm Central – “Developing the skills necessary to produce work that meets the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS) takes time and effort. This presentation will highlight some of the educational options that are helpful in learning about each element of the GPS including thorough research, citations, evidence analysis, written conclusions; as well as each element of the application portfolio. The goal is to both understand and be able to meet genealogy standards. There are many educational paths to choose from, and both formal and independent study options will be discussed. This webinar is hosted and sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.” Click here to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE Webinar Recording Finding Your Ancestors’ German Hometown presented by Ursula Krause – “Can’t find the place your German ancestors came from? This webinar will help you gather information on how to find the place they called home. We will look into passenger lists and emigration records as well as take a look at what information their name and their faith can provide.” Click here to view for free through Thursday, October 20th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT on Evidentia Software – for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains –get 15% off the list price – you pay $25.49 instead of $29.99 – “Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so! Click here to save! Via Evidentia.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- Save 10% on New York genealogy books – Special Savings on NEHGS Publications during October 2016 – titles include New York Family History Research Guide and Gazetteer, 1st Edition and Settlers of the Beekman Patent (Volumes 1-12) – visit http://www.geneabloggers.com/nehgs and you must use promo code FRUGALGEN16 to get the discount! Click here for more info – Via NEHGS/American Ancestors.
Save 25% and Celebrate Home Movie Day! This past Saturday, October 15th, was Home Movie Day – click here for info. Thanks to our friends at Larsen Digital, we’ve arranged for special discount on transfer of home movies to digital format! You can get Movie Film to DVD Transfers for 25% off the normal price!
- SD 480×7220: now $0.14 per foot (was $0.19)
- HD 1080×1920: now $0.18 per foot (was $0.24)
Add MP4 digital files (highly recommended) for only $5 per disc. The MP4 file will allow you to edit footage, cut out clips, and easily send files to friends & family. In addition, files transferred to HD can be saved to Blu-Ray for $29.99.
Complete the order form at Larsen Digital to lock in savings BEFORE October 21st, then ship your home movies via FedEx or UPS to Larsen Digital. Make sure you use promo code ThomasMOV to save 25%. This offer is good through Friday, October 21st – click here to save – via Larsen Digital
- Save $100 at Legacy Tree Genealogists! “While October brings a chill in the air, beautiful autumn leaves and scents of apple cider and pumpkin, within the United States, it has also been designated as Family History Month. To celebrate, now through October 25th, 2016, new clients can enjoy $100 off each 20 Hour Research Project. Enter code SAVE100 to claim this limited time offer!” Click here to get started – via Legacy Tree Genealogists
- 23andme Introduces $99 Ancestry test – “Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.” 23andme now offers a test kit at 50% off the price of its DNA + Health test kit. Click here for details – via 23andme
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.