As posted earlier, Geneabloggers is sponsoring the blogging summit at the Southern California Genealogical Society’s Jamboree 2009 (#scgs09 for those of you on Twitter!). I’d like to organize a few side events and get togethers but in order to do so, I need to know which of our blogging members are attending.
I’ll be arriving in Burbank from Chicago on Friday, 26 June 2009 and staying at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center which is the host hotel. Here are some plans I’m beginning to make:
– If you will be at #scgs09, GeneaBloggers will have a special set of mardi gras beads for you to wear – this will be available only to those with a genealogy blog at the event. Also, I will be making stickers with the GeneBlogggers, Twitter and Facebook logos to place on your event badge – this way others will know you are on those sites.
– I will be attending the Friday Evening Banquet – Finding Your Roots in the 21st Century: Lessons from the History Detective – with the address by Dr. Tukufu Zuberi of PBS’ The History Detectives. I’d like to organize a table or tables at which our geneabloggers can sit.
– I don’t have plans to attend either of the Saturday breakfasts since I’ll either be out too late the night before (geneabloggers can be a wild bunch from what I hear) or I’ll be busy getting ready for the blogging summit, etc. But check the #scgs09 schedule – there is the Effective Society Management Panel Discussion breakfast on Saturday, 27 June 2009 and The Art of Mourning breakfast on Sunday, 28 June 2009.
– One member has suggested getting together for dinner on Saturday evening “off property” and this might be fun and a way to get to know each other.
– Besides attending the Facebook Friends Face To Face event on Saturday afternoon, I was wondering if we want to hold a “tweet up” for Twitter users. I’ve never attended such an event but am open to organizing one.
Please e-mail me at email@example.com and let me know your plans and which of the above events interest you. Thanks!
copyright 2009 Thomas MacEntee