[Editor’s Note: Registration for GRIP opens at 12:00 noon tomorrow, February 7, 2012 and the available slots are expected to fill up quickly! Don’t delay!]
I recently had the pleasure of attending the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, January 23-27, 2012 in Salt Lake City and I can tell you that the “institute” concept simply rocks! Here are my reasons why you should consider attending the brand new Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, July 23-27, 2012:
- You can never have enough genealogical education.
- GRIP is located in the Eastern corridor and is close enough for Midwest attendees as well. The other major institutes are in Salt Lake City (SLIG) and Birmingham (IGHR aka “Samford”) so having an East Coast institute is great!
- You’ll have the chance to learn from experts and genealogy rock stars like Tom Jones, Paula Stuart-Warren, John Humphrey and Josh Taylor.
- You’ll be learning in a congenial and collaborative atmosphere with others who are just as passionate about genealogy and family history.
- When you take into consideration that the price includes 15 meals and you can add on reasonably priced accommodations right on campus, you can’t beat the cost!
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee