You could win the amazing new quicksheet from Elizabeth Shown Mills entitled QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources as reviewed here on GeneaBloggers earlier today. Here’s how:
To win, simply use the Comments section of this post and tell us how you would use QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources in your research, whether it is your own research or the research of a friend or client.
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Friday, February 4, 2011 and 11:59 pm Central Standard Time (GST -6) Sunday, February 6, 2011, leave a comment on this post as to how you would use QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources.
- Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address so they can be contacted in case they are the winner.
- You do not need to be a member of GeneaBloggers or even have a genealogy blog to participate – this contest is open to all.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Monday, February 7, 2011. The winner will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, the quicksheet will be mailed to the winner.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources Contest (“Contest”) will run from Friday, February 4, 2011 through 11:59 pm Sunday, February 6, 2011, Central Standard Time (GMT -6).
- PRIZE: One copy of QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources. Total value = $7.95 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. One winner will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if a) your comment does not answer the question “How you would use the QuickSheet: Citing Online African-American Historical Resources in your research, whether it is your own research or the research of a friend or client?”; b) you do not leave a valid e-mail address in the comment; and/or c) you do not include a valid e-mail address for contact purposes.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on Monday, February 7, 2011, for the Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: The prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, the prize will be mailed to the winner, at a postal rate to be chosen by GeneaBloggers.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
Disclosure statement: I was contacted by Genealogical Publishing Co. via mail to review the Quicksheet – Citing Online African-American Historical Resources and a complimentary copy was delivered to me. After reviewing the product, I will giving the quicksheet away in a contest here at GeneaBloggers. To review the other material connections I have with genealogy vendors, please see Disclosure Statements.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee