Did your family throw a holiday party each year? Do you remember attending any holiday parties?
UPDATE: well it seems there are lots of holiday parties going on and memories of parties past. Let’s mingle and see:
- Gini at Ginisology and Amy at We Tree both have memories of attending company/employee holiday parties and all the dysfunction involved! Anyone caught wearing a lampshade as a hat?
- Leah at The Internet Genealogist remembers great holiday parties at the huge home of her great-grandmother.
- Linda at Flipside has some of the best holiday party photos from the 1950s! Check them out – they remind me of the parties my parents use to have!
- Folkarchivist at Folkarchivist’s Blog talks about an “alternate year” arrangement which is not unusual for most families: one year Christmas is spent with one side of the family, the next year with the other.
- texicanwife at Mountain Genealogists remembers both school and church holiday parties with the church parties being more formal (with velvet dresses and beehive hairdos!)
- Heather at Nutfield Genealogy brings us an amazing story of a holiday party by her ancestors in Hawaii in 1858.
Here is a listing of all Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories posts for today from GeneaBloggers’ member blogs:
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee