Did your family send cards? Did your family display the ones they received? Do you still send Christmas cards? Do you have any cards from your ancestors?
UPDATE: here are some highlights from a wonderful batch of posts about Christmas cards!
- Paula of Paula’s Genealogical Eclectica remembers receiving and sending Christmas cards and still has her “lists” from years ago, although she said it can be sad to see how many have passed on.
- Can you imagine receiving 400 – 500 Christmas cards in a year? texicanwife of Mountain Genealogists can!
- Check out Sherry of Family Tree Writer and the touching poem that she and her family sent out with their Christmas cards in 2001.
- It has been a hoot following Carol at Reflections From The Fence and her latest trip down South. She admits to having sent “those annoying family newsletters” starting in 1971!
- Kay at Kay B’s Place shows us some wonderful old cards as well as more recent ones as well as creative ways of displaying Christmas cards.
- Finally, Gini at Ginisology reveals her love of Christmas cards which includes making them. And check out the great cards she has from Germany!
Here is a listing of all of today’s Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories posts from GeneaBloggers’ member blogs:
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee