Additional DNA Tools and Concepts Boot Camp – Saturday, 22 April 2017
Have you been using the information learned about autosomal DNA in the Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp? Or maybe you missed the first boot camp, but you have a basic understanding of using DNA for genealogy research. Are you ready to advance to new tools such as those offered on the free website, GEDMatch? GEDMatch has additional tools for analyzing your DNA results. It also lets you find new matches! And what about using other types of DNA test such as Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA in your research?
If you’re ready (I know I am!) you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our second DNA online event entitled Additional DNA Tools and Concepts Boot Camp on Saturday, 22 April 2017.
You’re not going to believe the amazing LOW PRICE of this educational opportunity PLUS the topics we’ll cover. I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary lays it all out for us AND answers your questions live during each webinar.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches. GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research. Understanding when these types of DNA can help (and when they won’t) is crucial. Learn how these types of DNA can be used to answer your genealogy questions.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, 3 April 2017 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday 22 April 2017
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 11:00 am EDT / 10:00 am CDT
GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
- 12:30 pm EDT/11:30 am CDT
- 1:00 pm EDT /12:00 pm CDT
Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research
- 2:30 pm EDT / 1:30 pm CDT
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: SAVE THIS EMAIL – it has a JOIN NOW button at the end of the email – it is your only access point to the live event!
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.