You could win a full registration for the upcoming Southern California Genealogical Society’s 42nd Annual Jamboree to be held in Burbank, California on June 10-12, 2011. Here’s how:
To win, simply complete this entry form, provide your e-mail address and tell us why you want to attend this year’s Jamboree.
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Tuesday, April 26, 2011 and 9:59 pm Central Daylight Time (GST -6) Friday, April 29, 2011, fill out this contest form and leave a comment as to why you want to attend the 42nd Annual SCGS Jamboree.
- Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address when completing the form so they can be contacted if they are selected as the winner.
- You do not need to be a member of GeneaBloggers or even have a genealogy blog to participate – this contest is open to all.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the eligible entry forms on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm Central Daylight Time during the GeneaBloggers Radio show. The winner will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, the prize will be mailed to the winner.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Jamboree Registration Contest (“Contest”) will run from Tuesday, April 26, 2011 through 9:59 pm Friday, April 29, 2011, Central Daylight Time (GST -6).
- PRIZE: One full registration for the 42nd Annual Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree in Burbank, California to be held June 10-12, 2011. Registration includes JAMBOFree sessions to be held Friday, June 10, 2011 but does not include any tours, breakfasts, banquets or other activities requiring a separate admission fee. Value = $100 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. One winner will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials used in the Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if (a) your entry form does not answer the question “Why do you want to attend SCGS Jamboree 2011?”; (b) you do not leave a valid e-mail address in the entry form; and/or (c) you do not include a valid e-mail address for contact purposes.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on Friday, April 29, 2011 at 10:00 pm CST for the Contest. The winner will be announced live on the air at GeneaBloggers Radio and notified via e-mail shortly thereafter, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: The prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, GeneaBloggers will contact the Southern California Genealogical Society to arrange for delivery of the prize to the prize winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
Disclosure statement: I was contacted by via mail to review Revolutionary War Pensions and a complimentary copy was delivered to me. After reviewing the book, I will be giving the copy away in a contest here at GeneaBloggers and in conjunction with GeneaBloggers Radio. To review the other material connections I have with genealogy vendors, please see Disclosure Statements.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee