or “Everything You Wanted To Know About Genealogy Blogs But Were Afraid To Ask!”*
This introduction to the world of genealogy blogs – as seen by GeneaBloggers– has been a long time in the making. While genealogy blogs have been around for years, it is only within the past few years that bloggers have begun to become aware of their fellow genealogy bloggers (“geneabloggers”) and have interacted within each other.
This primer seeks to highlight questions most often asked by those who might want to start their own genealogy blog and hopefully provide some answers or at least a means of further researching those questions.
- Why should I have a genealogy blog?
- What types of genealogy blogs are there?
- How can I easily read all the great posts from genealogy blogs?
- Do I have what it takes to create and maintain a genealogy blog?
- Do I need lots of technical knowledge to run a genealogy blog?
- Should I be worried about privacy?
- What are the copyright issues involved?
- How do I make sure my genealogy blog thrives and grows?
- How do I participate in the genealogy blogging community?
- So how do I get started?