My new community-focused venture, The Genealogy Fairy™, is now accepting grant applications from organizations and individuals. For more information on The Genealogy Fairy™ concept, read more here. To submit your application, click here.
The Genealogy Fairy™ Application Process
If you have a genealogy-focused project that requires financial assistance to bring to fruition, consider applying for a grant from The Genealogy Fairy™. Here is an overview of the process:
- Applications accepted starting 1 August 2015.
- The first grant(s) will be awarded on 15 September 2015, and monthly grant awards will be announced on the 15th of each month.
- The maximum grant award amount is $500 per project.
- Applications not awarded a grant will remain active for a period of six (6) months. Applicants will be notified when their application has expired and can re-submit an application.
Who Can Apply for a Grant?
The Genealogy Fairy™ grants are open to all genealogical and historical organizations, especially non-profits, and to individual genealogists who seek to fund specific projects related to genealogy and family history. Examples include:
- Indexing projects or record preservation efforts led by organizations and/or individuals.
- Genealogy society events such as workshops, conferences, and webinars.
- Business and entrepreneurial launches, especially genealogy-related startups.
- Publishing projects for organizations and individuals.
- Continuing education for individuals in order to build specific skill sets.
Consulting Hours Option in Lieu of Cash Award
Several genealogy society leaders have asked if I would consider donating a specific amount of time to provide advice instead of an outright cash grant. The Genealogy Fairy™ program will award up to ten (10) hours of consulting time (value = $50 per hour) to a qualified organization or individual. See The Genealogy Fairy – Genealogy Grants Program for more info.
How You Can Support The Genealogy Fairy™ Program
While direct donations are not accepted, when you use any of the links at Genealogy Bargains (http://genealogy.bargains) to purchase genealogy books, software and supplies, 5% of those sales goes directly to funding of grants at The Genealogy Fairy™.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.